Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Godiva!

Having heard so much about the Godiva Chocolate I decided to give my kid a surprise treat. The first thing that came to my mind was that, God it is expensive! Should I indulge in this or go for the Swiss Miss itself? Then finally I decided to give a try and see what it tastes like because it is the talk of town. To be honest I am of the view that this is a hyped hot cocoa and I have paid far more than actually it deserves. But now I can also go around telling that I have tasted the Godiva. I am no longer ignorant of this iconic
chocolate drink.

According to me it is comparable to the Serendipity Hot Chocolate and there is nothing extraordinary about this for the price that I have paid. There is no doubt that it is delicious and exotic tempting drink, but you can make the same creamy drink at home at half the price. This is definitely good for those who do not have spare time to prepare dark chocolate drink powder at home. Moreover if you make the hot cocoa powder at home, you will be sure of the ingredients that go in.

If you take a look at the label on the package it states that it contains the artificial flavoring agent, vanillin. Hence this is not the purest chocolate hot cocoa as claimed by the Godiva. I find it excessively sweet and it leaves a strong aftertaste. This would be fine for those who have a sweet tooth. I prefer hot chocolate drink with just the right amount of sugar. I do agree that the Godiva Chocolate Classic milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa is positioned as a liquid
chocolate and hence the sweetness. So what I do is that add just half the amount of the powder as given in the instruction. This is a personal choice and you can add the powder according to your taste bud.

The aroma is really tempting and the seductive flavor would alert anyone nearby. I bet it is hard to resist a cup of hot chocolate at any part of the day. My kids just love them and crave for more. It is perfect to wash down an elaborate dinner with a mug of delectable cocoa drink. This makes a creamy beverage even with 2% milk and the body of the drink is smooth.



See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now

No comments: